Although Open Door offers traditional estate agency services, we passionately believe that the our modern approach to auction represents the best method of selling any house – be it a two-bed terraced house or a five-bed executive home. These are some of the reasons why:
1. It works for any type of home.You may think that auctions are for run-down, troublesome properties. Not any more. Take a look at our website to see the range of properties now being sold via our modern approach to auctions.
2. Quickly find a buyer.Because of the competitive nature of auction, our average time to sell a property – from instruction to exchange of contracts – is generally less than 6 weeks, allowing you to sell your house quickly. Completion dates are agreed to suit your needs.
3. Sell for the right price.All vendors are able to put a reserve price on their property – the price below which they’re unwilling to sell. This binding agreement ensures peace of mind and protects you, the vendor.
4. Generate more viewings.You are unlikely to sell a property without decent footfall. We therefore market properties with specific buyers in mind and host open days whenever possible to create a competitive environment for viewing and offering on houses.
5. Meet proceedable buyers.One of the main advantages of using Open Door is that we focus on proceedable buyers. We qualify all buyers prior to viewing to ensure that they are in a position to move quickly and won’t expose you to complex property chains.
6. Get genuine commitment.When the hammer goes down, the buyer commits via a 10% non-refundable deposit and a legally-binding contract. This gives you peace of mind, knowing that the deal is genuine.
7. Avoid fallthroughs.Finally, we believe that auction sales are the best way of avoiding fallthroughs. Our fallthrough rate since launching in 2012 - 3% - compares favourably to the national fallthrough rate which, in Q3 2015, was 28%.